Friday, March 10, 2017

Jen & Jan's Mini Blog Hop Reveal Day 1

Welcome to Jen & Jan's Mini Blog Hop!  At the end of my post is the list of all those who will be revealing their mini for today and tomorrow.  We have ten international participants!  2 from the UK, 3 from Australia, 2 from Canada, 1 from Germany, and 1 from Nigeria!  

In the states, we are representing Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee, New Jersey, Michigan, Indiana, and Wisconsin. How we managed to have such a wide variety of states, I don't know! 
My blog partner in this adventure, Jen Rosin of A Dream and a Stitch designed a 16 inch mini quilt.  The free pattern called Quilter's Laundry Day can be downloaded from Craftsy here



My official reveal is happening tomorrow but to make it interesting, I recruited some friends of mine to make their own  versions.

You may remember  my BQF (Best Quilty Friend) Robin, whom I introduced here.   Robin and her mom, Audrey, and her sister Mindy all decided to participate!  Thanks ladies for joining in the fun!   Although most of the bloggers will probably have theirs quilted and bound, I told these ladies they could just make the block for now.  
Without further ado here are their versions.

Audrey's version:  love the chocolatey brown house!

Mindy's version:  I like the way she quilted the windows!  And the fabrics are cute too.


Robin's version:  Adorable 4" quilt!  

Did you see what she did?  She made a separate quilt and hung it on a string with teeny tiny clothespins!  Depending on what mood you were in, you could have a whole selection of 4 inch quilts and hang the quilt of your choice on the line!  Clever lady!  I knew I could count on her to do something creative.

Now here is the list of bloggers who will be blogging about their mini today.  I hope you'll take the time to visit and comment on each of these fun ladies quilts and then come back on Saturday for Day 2's Reveals.    I will be giving a gift certificate for a free Craftsy class to a randomly selected visitor who comments on my blog post on Reveal Day and Jen will also be providing a prize.  I'm aware of several other bloggers who will be having a giveaway so please leave lots of comment love!

March 10 Reveal Day

Jen Rosin  A Dream and a Stitch
Kate Heads at Smiles From Kate
Jennifer Fulton at Inquiring Quilter
Karen Thurn at Tu-Na Quilts, Travels and Eats

Melva Nolan at Melva Loves Scraps
Vicki at Vicki's Crafts & Quilting
Julie Stocker at Pink Doxies
Anja Clyke at Anja Quilts
Diann at Little Penguin Quilts
Jayne at Twiggy & Opal
Susan Arnold at Quilt Fabrication
Leanne Milsom at Lizzie the Quilter
Sandra Walker at Mmm! Quilts!

March 11 Reveal Day

Janice Holton at Color Creating & Quilting
Jennifer Strauser at Dizzy Quilter
Amy Gerlich at Amy Scrap Spot
Sharon Denney Parcel at Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
Steffi at Steffi's Hobbys
Susan Gordon at Sevenoaks Street Quilts
Anne Boundy at Said With Love
Barbara Wootie at The Flashing Scissors
Jan Welander at Making Scraps

Linking to:
Crazy Mom Quilts


14 comments:

  1. Looking at the various sites makes this so much fun. Everyone has a little difference in their ideas. Just love the hanging quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of houses you have on this hop. I especially liked the one with the saguaro cacti holding the clothesline. Can't wait to se what other lovelies are to come tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all adorable, especially the mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you posted all the countries and states that are represented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wonderful Janice. I love how different they all look just by using different fabrics and everyone adding their own twist. Now I just want to know where to find those lovely clothes pins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOO such wonderful mini quilts. I missed the hop but I'm going to make one and post to pinterest.

    I'm going to keep a lookout for more mini quilt hops from you guys.

    Great Job!

    monica(at)icanquilt2(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those quilts are excellent! Make sure to send along my compliments to them. All of their mini quilts are so vintage-y looking. I love it! Today's hop was so much fun. Can't wait to see more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mini quilts that are three dimensional-great idea! The variety is amazing! Thank you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute idea to have different quilts "hanging on the line"! Love the little clothes pins, great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how all the the quilts in this hop have a unique personality based on their makers. What a fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janice! It's been so much fun looking at all the versions of this cute quilt! Great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the hanging quilt - you could change it for the weather or the seasons and it would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun minis! It's so fun to see all the possibilities with this block. You could make a whole neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting. It was fun to play along. Sadly, life got the better of me, and I'm behind in blog reading.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!