Saturday, March 4, 2017

Life is Good!

I live in the best of both worlds.  I live at the end of a dead end road surrounded by corn fields on all sides, beautiful views all around and sooo peaceful.  At the same time, it is about a 2 minute drive to the grocery store and better yet to our tiny little town's LQS, Sleepy Hollow Quilt Shop.  What more could you ask for?


Today I was quilting along on my mini quilt for our blog hop that's happening next Friday and Saturday  and I needed a color of thread I don't have so hopped in the car and went and got it and was back within minutes.  My heart is so happy living here.

I am so excited about our blog hop!  We currently have a total of 30 people signed up and it isn't too late if anybody else wants to join in.  Time is running out though, our Reveal Days are March 10 & 11.  For more info, just click on the blog button at the top right of my blog.

I'll go ahead and show you what I've done so far on the mini you've already seen because I have another really fun one to show you on Reveal Day!    I quilted a loopy pattern in the sky but did it a little denser than I should have.  Don't know if I'll ever get this right.  I need to loosen up!  I did a cross hatch on the roof, straight lines on the house and stitched in the ditch on the log cabin quilt.

Not done yet, but I'll be doing soft wavy lines in green on the grass and cross hatching on the sidewalk and road.

On other projects,  Alex and Mina, (my nephew) are expecting a baby girl very soon and Mina told me she likes pink and black.  This will be the top, (thank you Sleepy Hollow!) it's all done in the that scrumptious minky fabric.  Mmm!  So soft!  Just need to get the back pieced together. quilt it, and hopefully get it done before the baby gets here.

I just realized next month is my one year anniversary for blogging!  Wow time goes by so fast!  I'm going to have to think of something fun to celebrate.

I subscribe to Country Living magazine and they had a GREAT issue this month that you color lovers would enjoy.


This part of the article shows different types of collections or collectables arranged by color including mini quilts!

So besides quilts, what kinds of things do you collect? 






14 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your "heart is happy living here"; I feel the same about my little town that I'm not quite in, just on the outskirts. My LQS there is a bit further than 2 min! Love what you're quilting on your mini, and that magazine--!! Cool! I collect fabric besides quilts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to the blog hop, thank you to you and Jen for organising it and designing the lovely pattern and giving it away free. It's great Great glimpse of your quilting to date, I was just deciding how to do mine, thanks for that. That's going to be a lovely cuddly quilt for a new baby, love the colours. Is it almost a year since we met? Doesn't time fly when you are having fun. I don't really collect anything apart from fabric, quilt books, quilt patterns, and quilting equipment. I wouldn't have room to keep anything else, apart from some embroidery stuff and embroidered pics that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I sit in my sewing/knitting room beside 2 yarn trees, I guess I collect cones of yarn(machine knitting). But I collect snowmen and make loads of them. Can hardly wait to share my mini on Friday. I finished it up last Monday and have it hanging, it makes me smile! I too live only a couple minutes from the grocery store and we are just outside city limits so it feels like in the country but town is just over the hill. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the country and only 5 minutes from the nearest little town, 15 minutes to the next town that is decent size - no quilt shop within 90-120 miles from me!! and you get one only a couple minutes from your door :) lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be working on my block today. Have the pieces cut out, but just haven't had time to make any progress. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've surrounded the polka dots on the roof with the cross hatching! Very clever. And the colors for Alex and Mina's baby quilt are so happy and bright! They are going to love it.

    I know what you mean about having a quilt shop so close. That's a real treat. Every once in while we dock someplace within walking distance of a LQS and I'm thrilled!

    When we lived in our RV, we collected lapel pins from all the places we visited. They were displayed on a cork bulletin board in the bathroom. It was the only place with a wall big enough for the board, and gave us something to look at in there :) Not currently collecting anything except fabric now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a good LQS is a great bonus to being happy in your home. :) I have a few that are close by, but my favorite is that Fabric Depot is only about 20 minutes on a good day.
    Isn't quilting this mini fun? I finished mine yesterday and tried all kinds of new stitches.
    At one time I collected a few different things, but since the downsized living space I haven't collected anything but fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a thing for dishes. Current, vintage, china, etc. It is a problem because it takes up space. But I love them and love choosing what to set the table with. Congrats on your upcoming blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved having a glimpse of your Quilter's Laundry Day mini, even if it isn't the official one! I've had fun working on mine, and am so looking forward to the blog hop at the end of the week to see everyone's different ideas. I should check out that magazine article - I love having quilts - big and small- all over the house. I really enjoy the color and texture they add to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your mini quilt - it makes me want to live in that home! I collect books, fabric, yarn - and thanks to my daughter's four kiddos - grandbabies! Visiting you from Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun mini. I'm looking forward to seeing all the reveals from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lucky you are! I've downsized and except for fabrics, I don't really collect anything, except treasures from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for the hop this weekend and to see everyone's version of the mini. I love the quilting you have done so far on this one. I have a quilt magazine addiction...they are EVERYWHERE. I have cut myself off this year, though. So far, I haven't purchased one in 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!