Thursday, March 16, 2023

Keeping up the Diary

I haven't posted anything on my blog since October 2020 and I've got a hankerin' to start up again.  If nothing else then just as a kind of diary for myself as to what I've been up to.

I just read my last blog post and I kind of left you hanging without showing my log cabin quilt that I was making for myself!  Here it is!  I'm bummed that I can't find the original picture so I had to take a screen shot off of Instagram for this.  But you get the idea.  


Here are a few closeups


I ended up with a TON of strips left over so I've been sewing those into log cabin blocks for our next church fund raiser  Here is what I have so far and I think I will stop right there.  These are 7 1/2 inch blocks so the quilt will be lap size and about 56 inches square.

Layout Option 1 (traditional Barn Raising layout)


I made this one with gold centers in the blocks instead of red.  I haven't decided if this is the layout I want to use or something else.  Following are some other options.  This is going to be auctioned off so which layout do you think most people would like?

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4


Would love to get some feedback!  I am going to try and keep up with my "diary" but would love to have some company along the way.  Hope you'll drop me a hello!








10 comments:

  1. It’s good to see you blogging again! I always love seeing what you’re up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't asked you lately, what are YOU working on? You've always got some kind of beautiful creation in the works. :)

      Delete
  2. Great for you Janice, maybe I should follow your lead. I like option 2 best. With smiles from Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Option 2. You don't see that many log cabin stars, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Option 2. I have material collected now to make a log cabin lap quilt. The materials are deep wine and green colors. Seeing your log cabins have enthused me to begin on this project with layout #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Since this comment is labeled Anonymous, I am not sure who you are but would love to see your log cabin when you get it done! And also thank you for your vote. :)

      Delete
  5. They are all so beautiful!!!!!! Number 4 is my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! It’s good to see a post here again. Congrats on the big log cabin…and the smaller one, too. My favorite layout for that pattern has always been barn raising, but whatever you choose will be wonderful. Have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm glad to see another quilter has returned to blogging! I've been so disappointed by the many quilters who once blogged, and have now stopped. And it's not because they aren't creating anymore. I think it's that Instagram replaced blogging. Sad. I know we get better acquainted through blogging than any other method. I'm not able to weigh-in on your Log Cabin layout. I've never made a traditional Log Cabin quilt because - perhaps I'm being too honest here, so my apologies in advance - in 40 years of quiltmaking, I've never been attracted to a Log Cabin quilt. But I certainly admire your dedication to creating it! And even more, your wish to make it appealing for a donation. I love the generous spirit of people like you. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you are back to blogging. What an amazing quilt. You are very good at your craft! Am sure the church will love having one for their fundraiser. Tickets should sell out. Janice

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!