Monday, May 13, 2019

Humble Quilts 6th Annual Doll Quilt Swap

I have already posted about this before, but we are now having our linkup at the end of the swap so my swap quilts, both received and sent, are getting their very own post. 

I received my treasured quilt from Robin Boggan. 

 Back side.  Love, love, love this gorgeous vintage look print.


 It was done in a Trip Around the World design and is proudly hanging on the wall in my sewing room.  The sign below it was painted for me by my daughter.  And the mini quilt below that was made by my friend across the pond, Kate Heads of Smiles From Kate.  You can read her post about that here

Robin also sent me the cutest pin cushion and it is now my most favorite pin cushion EVER!

The pin cushion I have been using hardly had any "cushion" to it to stick the pins into and this one is so satisfyingly plump and you can  really jab those pins in there.  Please don't tell me I'm the only one who gets satisfaction out of jabbing a pin cushion during those annoyingly irritating moments in life where you can't really poke anyone with pins but you can jab your pin cushions all you want!  So thank you Robin, your pin cushion is very therapeutic as well as functional!  😊

Plus, those teeny tiny squares are just the cutest.  I love it.  I'll have to ask her what she used to stuff it.  Whatever it is, it makes it nice and weighty.   I almost had it stolen from me by my granddaughter who was convinced it was a bean bag. 

I sent my quilt out to Merry in Washington State so we are practically neighbors.  Here is what I sent to Merry.

I got the loveliest hand written Thank You note from Merry today contained inside this gorgeous quilt themed notecard.  This is a picture from a book called Quilting Lessons by Ellen Curtis and Karen  Gibson.  I haven't read the book yet, but the authors sure do make lovely cards!


I will be linking to Lori's Humble Quilt Linky Exchange party where you will be able to view all the other wonderful quilts made in this year's swap.  Lot's of beauty for your viewing pleasure!  Can't wait for next year's exchange!

Also linking to:
What I Made Monday
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Move it Forward Monday



10 comments:

  1. cute little quilts and the pincushion too - I have never gotten into making pin cushions but I have seen so many and a whole book out on pincushions as well - I use a dish with a magnetic in to to keep them in place but have little pincushions around but never seem to use them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice! What a fun quilt, and a pincushion just when you were seriously in need of one. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pin cushion. Have fun jabbing pins!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one lucky lady! And Merry was just as blessed! Did Robin use crushed walnut shells in that adorable pincushion?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a friend of mine just showed off the quilt she received at our guild meeting (and also a replica of the quilt she sent) and it seems like the gorgeousness has been consistent across the swap. Thanks for linking up to What I Made Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Janice!!! I love your mini quilt gallery. Wowey Zowey on your feather quilting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every quilt I saw in the Doll Quilt Swap has been beautiful. You all do good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How precious! I may even join a mine quilt swap one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much eye candy in this post! The backing on the mini is so lovely - almost like receiving two quilts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember reading about crushed walnut shells, I think they can be bought from pet shops as lizard bedding??? Thank you for the mention Janice it was such fun when we did that swap, so much so I think it's time we did another, don't you?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!