Saturday, February 23, 2019

Ta Da! Thank You for your Input!!

And here is the final decision made for the block I asked for help about!  Thank you so much for sharing all your opinions with me! 


When Kate mentioned I should do purple in the next round a light bulb went off and I was wondering why I didn't have any purple in THIS round since the flowers had purple.  Don't worry, that canteloupe will be showing up again as we get further along!  Plus other colors. 

Here is proof of how wishy washy I was about what I wanted to use.  I pile of test pieces!


OK, back to an existing project.  This used to be on my design wall, but I had to give that up for my hubby's temporary office space.  It has to stay stored in my project box until I can work on it which is today!  Remember this one?


Inspired by this picture?


Many of you were EXTREMELY helpful to me on this project as I didn't have enough bright fabrics with black backgrounds you generously shared with me.  Thank you so much.   I think I have enough left over to make another quilt! 

Here are some of my string slabs.  Do you recognize any of these fabrics? 

Love those peace symbols and bicycles!

Saturn is so cool!

Ladies with shades!

And of course Thor's hammer!  Love this!

Dress form and chickens!


This is what I started with this morning . . .

And now three more rows sewn together and ready to add . . .

I just noticed something though.  I like the Kaffe Fasset squares that have more red and orange in them and not so much of the pink.  I have quite a bit of that left over so I may need to recut some of those squares to get more red and orange.

It's pretty cold out and we have our fire place blazing.  Now it's so hot in here I can't wear my favorite hoodie while I sew! 


So what are you up to today? I'd love to hear what you're doing! 



Linking to:
Powered by Quilting

15 comments:

  1. This will be a fun quilt with lots of eye spy's to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, I love both of your projects! I like that you're using both the dark green and the lighter floral green in the block in your first photo. So much pretty color! The second quilt is just "Wow!" Love all those brights on black with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize a few of those fabrics! I love how this project is looking with the yellow setting triangles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh...I like the purple. It looks great. Good luck with the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple is exactly right. It adds another dark along with the green, but it blends perfectly. Have fun with your blacks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SEW glad that you have returned to your June Quilt. Such a fun quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your 'june quilt' is going, those pops of Kaffe purple colour are wonderful! And, the yellow with them looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fun scraps in those blocks. It's always nice to get back to one of those project boxes and make good progress on an older project. Stay warm. That's been easier said then done around here the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saturn is cool, and from my husband's summer nightshirt! I recognize lots of those fabrics ;)

    Glad you're making progress and having fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was all set to say how much I like the start of that balck string quilt and marvel over all the fun scraps (it's like a grown-up I Spy quilt!!) and then I saw that sweatshirt! Oh. My. Goodness. That is so very awesome!!!!!! Wherever did you get it????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your studio is a splash of color and creativity with so many bright and shiny fabrics. The black, yellow and hot pink is a bold move and I completely support it. Wild and Wonderful!!!
    I love this "Sewing is my Superpower" sweatshirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! That sweatshirt made me laugh!!! Love the great start you have on the quilt from Amanda's book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janice, ALL your fabrics drew me in this morning. It's been a long while since I could actually just play with color and fabrics, and I've needed a good reminder. Thank you. I think I should coin a new term: fabric bathing. Not unlike "forest bathing", I get good vibes by just being surrounded by fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you find that hoodie? It's super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!