Thursday, December 27, 2018

Best of 2018

Hello friends!

Are you all breathing a big "Whew!" like I am?  Wow!  This Christmas was amazing!  But even the best of times are a little stressful.  I'm glad things are getting back to normal.

Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs is hosting her annual Best of 2018 linky party so I'm joining in the fun.



My 2018 post with the most comments and also my favorite big finish was the Modern Plus Sign Quilts Blog Hop with 55 comments.



My most viewed post of 2018 was the one about my $1.50 quilt with over 2200 views!  Apparently we quilters LOVE a good deal.   Here is the finished flimsy.    I have a pretty pastel lavender floral in my stash that I'll be using on the back.  Hopefully this will be a 2019 finish.


My favorite small finish of 2018 was a quilt I made for my youngest granddaughter.  Her mom liked it so much she wants a purple version for her older sister.  It's currently a WIP (work in progress).  I had fun taking photos of this one and even knocked on a complete stranger's door to ask permission to user her yard and porch for photos!  She loved it!  You can read about that here.


The favorite tip I implemented this year was organizing my stash using comic book boards.  I wrote about that in November.

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm still not quite done.  I'm still putting fabrics on boards and after I'm all done, I'll organize by color.  So those are my favorites of the year.

I just spent the day sewing up a brand new flimsy!  It is completely done!  PLUS my daughter is sewing her first baby quilt today too.  She is so excited about her progress!  ME TOO!  
   I'll blog about that tomorrow.

Wishing you all a fantastic finish to 2018 and a very Happy New Year!

Linking to:

11 comments:

  1. I still love that red quilt that you took the photo from a neighbors yard. You are a fantastic quilter Janice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year, Janice! Your black and white version of Bear Claw Plus is my favorite! And, your photography is beautiful. Thank you for participating in the blog hop. I headed off to read about your fabric organization All the best to you in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plus quilt is fantastic, I love how you added the bright pink binding and floral backing, and the pic is wonderful. You have so many interesting adventures Janice, I’m looking forward to reading what you come up with in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plus quilt! The backing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great projects. I had planned to sew more this Christmas break, but I didn't sew as much as I had planned. I need routine, so as much as I've enjoying having time off, it will be good to get back into my regular routine. Here's to a great 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and white is always a winning combo and yours is no exception. Lovely projects were worked on during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bear paw plus quilt is a stunner! You've achieved a lot this year - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great posts you highlighted, I just love your version of Bear Claw Plus! Thanks for linking up and for being part of the book hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay I love your fabric folding idea and went and checked out that post...what a HUGE difference it's to more happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun to see your Best projects of 2018 - they're all just beautiful! I love the black and white plus quilt. The colorful backing is so perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a great review of the 'best of". That Plus quilt is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!