Thursday, October 12, 2017

Happy Mail and Next Finish Goal

FINALLY!  I got on the ball and ordered the backing for Ashley's dorm quilt which is my next goal to finish.  I haven't had a finish for a looooong time so I'm motivated to do this.  Here is Ashley's quilt top which hasn't been trimmed yet.

She wanted something soft and cuddly for the back so she  chose a light gray minky which was part of today's happy mail!

Oh!  I forgot that we were going to add some 6 inch borders using the navy, coral and periwinkle floral.   That fabric is her favorite.  Not sure about that decision.  Maybe we just need to use it for the binding and call it good.  Ashley you out there?  Borders or just binding?  What do y'all think?   I don't normally say y'all but my Louisiana friend Sheila is influencing my grammar.  😃

I made two more blocks for my growing collection . . .

And more happy mail from Paulette in Canada.  I love these Paula!  They are the four blocks on the very top row.  Also, I received two identical blocks (aqua with aqua/purple/white print) from Irene Grimes of North Carolina.   Loving all this color!

OK, all you lovers of modern and simplified can skip the next pictures cuz these aren't that.  Hee!  Hee!    When I ordered Ashley's backing, I only needed a little more to get free shipping so I ordered two fabrics . . . this one I like . . .

and this one I love!  LOVE!  LOVE!!  
I used to doodle just like this in high school!

Well, I really should head to bed because in a few short hours I have to get up to drive myself to the airport to see one of my college roommates!  Can't wait, Lorraine!

Linking to:








17 comments:

  1. I really do like that dark blue with the green floral. Lots of fun colors in your blocks. Enjoy your visit with your college roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is full of so much fabric color and fun. I think Ashley's quilt will look great either way you decide to go. Those blocks for your quilt are looking so good. Playing with all of them to decide a final layout will be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lot of wonderful color those backing would be

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your two tone blue block-it's more subdued for me. I should have stopped looking like you mentioned on the last 2 pic's, hehehe...You and I have different taste and yet we get along so well, that is what makes the world go round, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Border, definitely! Love the fabric in that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking at a closeup of Ashley's dorm quilt and I can't figure out how it's constructed. Is it from a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy mail, happy post! Love all the color. Arrows in the minky. That last fabric. Oh, wow. Straight outta high school doodles for sure. Makes me want to run and find my markers. It will be fun to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ack, I love love love it too! Gimmeeee
    I wish I doodled like that
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much color in your life right now! I love it! That second backing fabric is fab-u-lous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The the dorm quilt...and with that minky backing, it will keep her nice and snug through the coming winter months. I am always a sucker for blue, so I adore those newly-finished blocks. Have a great weekend! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun abounds! The dorm quilt is great fun, and reconnecting with your old friend should be a blast. And what plans do you have for that new fabric? Love the deep colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for happy mail. The quilt looks great. I like using minky on the backs of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you are enjoying your visit with your college roomie! How nice to be able to get together! Just love all the Quilty goodness in this post! Motivates me to get my day started!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have fun with your friend. Love all your blocks, always so colourful and inspiring,

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m rooting for you to finish Ashley’s quilt, that looks a very cuddly backing she chose. I love the blue green block combination, it’s just up my street and you won’t believe me but I adore your second fin fabric, it is so fun, and just you, love it. I hope you are having a great visit, I’ll look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!